set: 26 April 2017 due: 10 May 2017
Social Media is becoming very important for marketing executives to send our their communications. International companies such as Adidas see mass media, such as television, as irrelevant to their marketing campaigns.
So how important is social media in terms of strategic management?
Read the following articles:
S1877-6361%282013%290000011010 Social Media as a Strategic Tool: Going Beyond the Obvious
S1877-6361%282013%290000011012 Social Media in Strategic Management
- Do you agree that the social media are now at the center of all marketing and
communication activities of an organisation?
- Is it possible for a modern company to survive without using social media?
- Can social media play any part in the planning life cycle of strategic management?
Type up your answer in a word processor, and then copy/paste to the comments section below, with your name and student number.
External Environment Analysis for Assignment 1
set: 15 February 2017 due: 8 March 2017
Extended to 15 March 2017
For this assignment, we will use Starbucks as a Case Study.
Below are some extra resources on Starbucks, and you can find your own resources.
- Change within external environments is often caused by changing government regulations or legislation. Identify some government legislation, from the international community, that might affect Starbucks, and comment on the effect it could have on this international company.
- In performing a customer analysis, can we estimate the cost of lost customer?
- One common way of increasing organisational flexibility is to diversify the product range and the number of target markets. What are the risks associated with this strategy? Have Starbucks already exhausted this strategy?
- What are the major opportunities and threats facing Starbucks?
- With further reference to Starbucks, how have they approached the buying decision process? What factors have they considered in creating a vertical chain of supply?
How to submit your assignment:
Enter your name, student number and department to the comments section below.
If you can’t see the comments section, open up the assignment in a window of its own. Scroll down past the other student’s replies.
Write up your assignment in a word processor, then copy and paste the text to the same comment below.
Your work will not appear immediately. The post needs to be approved.
Do not post your assignment more than once, be patient and wait for it to be approved.
To help you prepare for the final exam, here are a number of examples of the BCG Matrix Analysis in action.
Strategic Management and Business Analysis
Chapter 1 of Williamson et al. (2011)