External Environment Analysis for Assignment 1
set: 15 February 2017 due: 8 March 2017
Extended to 15 March 2017
For this assignment, we will use Starbucks as a Case Study.
Below are some extra resources on Starbucks, and you can find your own resources.
- Change within external environments is often caused by changing government regulations or legislation. Identify some government legislation, from the international community, that might affect Starbucks, and comment on the effect it could have on this international company.
- In performing a customer analysis, can we estimate the cost of lost customer?
- One common way of increasing organisational flexibility is to diversify the product range and the number of target markets. What are the risks associated with this strategy? Have Starbucks already exhausted this strategy?
- What are the major opportunities and threats facing Starbucks?
- With further reference to Starbucks, how have they approached the buying decision process? What factors have they considered in creating a vertical chain of supply?
How to submit your assignment:
Enter your name, student number and department to the comments section below.
If you can’t see the comments section, open up the assignment in a window of its own. Scroll down past the other student’s replies.
Write up your assignment in a word processor, then copy and paste the text to the same comment below.
Your work will not appear immediately. The post needs to be approved.
Do not post your assignment more than once, be patient and wait for it to be approved.