Not happy with your grades?
Remember: Lecturers do not GIVE grades. Students EARN grades.
Before asking your lecturer for a higher grade, think about how the lecturer calculated your grade. Even one piece of missing work can result in a lower grade. The lecturer has a marking scheme when they mark the final exams, they are looking for certain items to be on the paper before giving marks. You don’t get lots of marks simply because you wrote a lot. Being unhappy with your grade is not a legitimate reason for asking for a grade change. Needing a higher CGPA is not a reason for badgering individual lecturers for higher grades. Just because you submitted an assignment doesn’t mean you will get full marks for it. Submitting work late can also mean a reduction in marks. Lecturers can only mark what is in front of them. They can’t give you marks just because they like you.
For those students who registered late, or for whatever reason did not sit a Mid Term Exam, please note there will be a
MAKE UP for MID TERM EXAM for MAN540 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Wednesday 31 May 2017, at 4pm, in D123
our usual classroom
Just a reminder that we have no class tonight. Wednesday 17 May 2017
The undergraduates have exam week, so our room will be in use for exams.
We will meet up next week for our final exam.
Here are some sample exam questions:
NOTE: These are not THE exam questions. Just an idea of what might come up.
After reading a case study can you answer the following questions:
- Perform a SWOT Analysis
- Discuss some of the management trade-off decisions to be made in the required strategic implementation plans for this organisation.
- Can this organisation benefit from a diverse workforce?
- What type of market segmentation would work well for this organisation?
- What critical comparisons can we make, when measuring organisational performance ?
- What type of contingency plans can this organisation have in place?
- What are the advantages of global business that this organisation should consider as part of its overall strategy?
- What would be some of the global challenges to this organisation?
- Imagine this organisation decide to market their product/service in your home country. What cultural differences do they need to be wary of?
- Give three alternative strategies that the organisation could follow?
- Are these strategies feasible?
set: 26 April 2017 due: 10 May 2017
Social Media is becoming very important for marketing executives to send our their communications. International companies such as Adidas see mass media, such as television, as irrelevant to their marketing campaigns.
So how important is social media in terms of strategic management?
Read the following articles:
S1877-6361%282013%290000011010 Social Media as a Strategic Tool: Going Beyond the Obvious
S1877-6361%282013%290000011012 Social Media in Strategic Management
- Do you agree that the social media are now at the center of all marketing and
communication activities of an organisation?
- Is it possible for a modern company to survive without using social media?
- Can social media play any part in the planning life cycle of strategic management?
Type up your answer in a word processor, and then copy/paste to the comments section below, with your name and student number.
The final exam is at 5pm
Wednesday 24 May 2017
This week’s lecture will be a special seminar by Caroline Bilborough, Director of Business Development and Alliances at IBM.
We will start at 4.30; giving you time to settle in.
Wednesday 29 March 2017
The following maybe of interest to you:
The Mid Term Exam for MAN540 Strategic Management will be at
5 April 2017
in room D123
Note: there is a sample exam paper to help you study in an earlier post.
You are responsible for the material from Chapters 1 to 6 of the David & David textbook
Below is a sample exam paper of the style and level of the upcoming mid term exam
Sample Case Study in the style of the Mid Term Exam